Financial assistance for travel and lodging
American Cancer Society Road to Recovery
Depending on your individual needs and what’s available in your area, we will:
- Coordinate a ride with an American Cancer Society volunteer driver
- Coordinate a ride with a local organization that has partnered with us to provide transportation
- Refer you to a local resource you can contact for help
Patients must be traveling to a cancer-related medical appointment. Other eligibility requirements may apply. For example, a caregiver may need to accompany a patient who cannot walk without help, or is under age 18. Contact us to find out what is available in your area, and what the specific requirements are. It can take several business days to coordinate your ride, so please call us at 1-800-227-2345 well in advance of your appointment date.
Alex's Lemonade Stand Travel for Care Program
Recognizing the financial burden that families often encounter, the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Travel For Care Program offers assistance to families who face the need to travel for childhood cancer treatment. Transportation and lodging accommodations are available to eligible families who meet our criteria. Applications must be received on behalf of a social worker or another medical representative.
National Childhood Cancer Society Travel Assistance Fund Eligibility
- Child must be diagnosed with cancer. If child has a brain tumor, the tumor must be high grade (III or IV) or anaplastic to be eligible.
- Child must have been diagnosed on or before his/her 18th birthday and treated before his/her 21st birthday. Adults who relapse after their 18th birthday and who were not previously assisted are not eligible for services.
- Child must be a citizen of the United States or reside in the United States with an I-551 card (green card) for 12 months without prior history of the current illness.
- Guardian applying for assistance must have less than $5,000 in easily accessible bank accounts (such as checking and savings).
- Website: https://www.thenccs.org/financial-assistance/
Lazarex Cancer Foundation
Lazarex assists advanced stage cancer patients of any age and ethnicity, with any type of cancer, nationwide who wish to find out about or participate in an FDA (Federal Drug Administration) clinical trial. At Lazarex Cancer Foundation we improve the outcome of cancer care, giving hope, dignity and life to end stage cancer patients and the medically underserved by providing assistance with costs for FDA clinical trial participation, identification of clinical trial options, community outreach and education.
- Website: https://www.lazarex.org/